The Savannah Derby Devils’ wRECk League offers two pathways to experience the fastest growing sport in the world. Whether you’re looking for a unique way to get fit and meet new people or you’re looking to be a competitive athlete and join the Derby Devils, wRECk’s got you covered!
Our wRECk program is open to anyone 18 years or older. For White and Red level participants, these are open gender. For Black and Silver level participants, the Savannah Derby Devils adhere to the WFTDA Gender Statement. Please see the “How wRECk Works” section below for further explanation on what each level covers.
Roller Derby requires certain gear in order to participate. This includes:
- Wrist Guards
- Elbow Pads
- Knee Pads
- Quad Roller Skates
The Savannah Derby Devils has a limited amount of gear to loan to participants. We will be able to fit you for gear at your first practice. If you are interested in purchasing gear in advance, we strongly recommend speaking with a member of our Training Committee be emailing email@example.com BEFORE you make a purchase to ensure you are getting the right items.
After 4 weeks of participation in the wRECk program, you will be required to purchase WFTDA Accident Medical coverage. The current cost is $75 and expires at the end of the calendar year. If you are interested in purchasing insurance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participants will also be asked to sign a Release and Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk, and Indemnity Agreement at their first practice.
How wRECk works:
Participants who are new to derby or former skaters who have been off skates for an extended period will enter the program at the White level. Participants will then advance to the next tier once they have successfully completed a list of required skills. This means you learn and progress at a pace that is comfortable for you!
Our wRECk tiers are as follows:
- White ($30/month) – Learn all the skating basics and get a unique workout! This level includes Basic Skate Skills practice and Endurance practice. White level is non-contact.
- Red ($35/month) – This level takes the next step toward derby competency. Learn more advanced skating skills and how to make and take contact correctly and safely within the bounds of the Rules of Flat Track Roller Derby. This level includes Advanced Skate Skills practice and Endurance practice. If taking the competitive pathway, Red level ends with WFTDA Minimum Skills clearance.
- Black ($45/month) – For skaters ready to scrimmage! This level includes League Skills and Scrimmage practices with the Savannah Derby Devils, and Endurance practice.
- Silver ($45/month) – For advanced skaters and transfers seeking to become Savannah Derby Devils. This level includes access to all Savannah Derby Devils practices and Scrimmage.
wRECk League Schedule:
White and Red Level:
- Thursday – 7-9pm (Endurance)
- Sunday – 2-4pm (wRECk skills)
Black and Silver Level:
- Tuesday – 8-10pm
- Wednesday – 7-9pm
- Thursday – 7-9pm (Endurance)
Ready to take the next step? Please click HERE to complete the registration form!
Boot Camp is for everyone who suspects they would enjoy being back on roller skates and is curious about roller derby. There is no commitment to join the league. It’s just to have fun, get a workout, meet Derby Devils and make new friends! The league provides rental skates and the required protective gear throughout Boot Camp for those who do not have their own. Priscilla Thomas Way/Wheat Hill Road.
Dates for our 2019 Boot Camp will be announced soon!
Boot Camp offers introductory skating and derby training for women and men ages 18 and older.
Camps include instruction and skating starting with orientation and followed by physical challenges on skates.
Interested in joining our team of Officials? We’re always recruiting for both Skating and Non-Skating Officials! If you would like to learn more about what it takes to officiate roller derby, email us at email@example.com.